Followers

Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Shabby Chic with a Twist

Rope Player Ruth -Digi Image Created by JenLee- DigiStamps4Joy
 
 
Hello My Lovelies...
 
I am on a Shabby Chic roll with a fun twist well I guess you can call this Southwestern Chic as I use some of my recycled cardboard strip paper roses to showcase 'Rope Player Ruth' Digital image created by JenLee available in the DigiStamps4Joy Shop. I colored her with Faber-Castell Pencils and touches of white and blue gel pens. You can learn how to make my Paper Roses on my Blog post. I pulled out some of my hoarded stash of  crafty things of  blues some being my Martha Stewart air dry clay silicone mold designs. I love these and make so many in advance before the clay dries in my sealed containers(done that before)...also if you want a tip on changing the color of air dry clay you can check out my Tips Tricks and Techniques posting.  My beautiful blue butterflies are actually a border from K & Company that are wonderfully made so I could fuzzy cut individually without distorting the shapes.  My blue string and some of my multitude of various blues design papers and bling. 
 
I embossed the brown Core'dinations Design Paper with an Anna Griffin/Cuttlebug/Acanthus folder, sanded it...topped it with a couple of Spellbinders Nestabilities & Shapebilities Timeless Rectangle, Decorative Labels Twenty-Eight and the leafs from Bitty Blossoms. Extra embellishments are Joanna Sheen Curly Flourish and Spring Blossom, Recollections bling and blue string from my stash. Distressed with brown Staz On, Stampendous Embossing Powder/Shabby Blue, Ranger Liquid Pearls, Blue stickles.
-------
I would like to take this time to personally invite you to come join DigiStamps4Joy current Challenge #86 - Use Dies or Punches going on now Feb. 19 - March 4, 2014
http://digistamps4joy-sa.blogspot.com/.
 
 
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Eureka Stamps #78 - Add a Butterfly 
Craft Hoarders Anonymous Wk#2 - Color Challenge w/twist (Hoard/blue butterflies) 
Feeling Crafty #25 - Dies and/or Punches
2 Sisters #173 - Embossing
Digi Galore - Things with Wings
Digi Designs - Tic Tac Toe(Digi/Diecuts/Flowers)
Challenges 4 Everybody#38 - Anything Goes
Quirky Challenges#4 - Pile it High, Layer it Up, 3D
Crafting From The Heart #4 - Anything Goes/Flowers
Love to Create #104 - Anything Goes
Love to Scrap #24 - Anything Goes
Scrapbook Stamp Society #35 - Anything Goes+make your own Flowers
------------
 
Until next time this Frugal Grannie is out...be safe...Big Hugs
 
 
  1.  

21 comments:

Unknown said...

This is just beautiful and I am going to check out your rose tut..xx
Annie

Beccy said...

Lovely card Antoinette, the colour scheme is wonderful. I really like the roses you created, they are beautiful. Great job.
Cheers,
Beccy

Sylvia Anderson said...

This is fabulous Sweetie, lovely colours & layout x
Thank you for joining in our challenge (Feeling Crafty) good luck x

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

A very sweet card! Love the brown and tan together. Thanks for playing along in Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge #2!

Unknown said...

I just love your card!! The roses are beautiful and I definitely will be checking out how you made them!! Thank you for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge.
Zenita (aka Scrappinwith'Z)
DT member Love to Create Challenge
http://www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.com

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a gorgeous card Antoinette.

gr karin and

Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.

Greetings Karin DT Coördinator



Unknown said...

Fantastic flowers. Beautiful coloring job on that sweet image. Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Such a beautiful card. Love the colours. Thank you for joining challenge 7 at Crafting From The Heart, good luck and we hope to see you again soon.

Hugs Erin DT and Co owner x

lost coast scrapper said...

Amazing work and details...beautiful work!!! Thanks for sharing and joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!! Good Luck!!

Glenda said...

What a pretty piece. So much attention to detail and each and every one of the details just pops! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Jan Marie said...

Definitely a southwest style card, with the image and the warm colors of the sky and sand! Love the detail and your clay embellishments, plus your fussy cut butterflies! Lovely! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Tammi said...

I love the image on your card and those paper roses are awesome!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful design, so many elements and layers! Beautiful! Thanks for playing in the Eureka Challenge this week.

Kaija said...

A really beautiful card!
Thank you for participating ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge
Gr.Kaija DT-member

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card...Thanks for playing along with us at Di's Digi Designs Challenge :)
Wendy xx

Gloria Stengel said...

Adorale image. Such a pretty card. Love the flowers! Thanks for playing along at Craft Hoarders Anonymous.

Cathy's Obsessions Still said...

Beautiful card.. love all the embelli's too!! Thanks for playing with us at Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog!!
Hugs,
Cathy DT

Anonymous said...

Such a cute card! You are rockin the blue theme. Thank you so much for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog. Hope you can come back to play again soon! Ginny from Polly's Paper Studio.

Hath said...

I love your design! Thanks for joining us at Craftng from the Heart this time - good luck! hugs Angelie

maureenjscott said...

Oh that's gorgeous! I love the colour combo and your rolled roses are perfect! Thanks for sharing at Anything Goes with Love to Create this week! mo x

creative lady said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with Craft Hoarders Anonymous.